Cat6 plenum cables have proven to be one of the most important upgrades to the current tech cabling system, and they are still different in numerous ways and are best employed inside it for smooth and effective installations due to high quality yet reduced producing material.
They are a popular choice in both small and large offices these days. To reduce noise and interference, this cable contains four twisted color-coded pairs and a rip cord. At short distances, Cat6 1000ft cable can handle 1 gigabit per second (Gbps) and up to 10 Gbps.
The (TIA/EIA) has established a Cat6 plenum 1000ft cable as a standard for the installation of Ethernet networking cables in office and residential buildings.
Cat6 plenum cable is made of high-quality PVC that emits less smoke, has excellent electrical qualities and is chemically resistant. Fire also produces less harmful smoke. Cat6 plenums may operate at temperatures ranging from -25 to 125 degrees Celsius.
Cat6 cables meet a variety of safety standards, including UL910, which is regarded as one of the most stringent safety standards. Because of this, Cat6 cable is in high demand.
Cat6 plenum cable is more expensive due to its characteristics, which include satisfying the safety standards and employing high-quality PVC as a jacket material, both of which provide health benefits. Despite their high price, customers prefer to acquire plenum cables because of their excellent qualities.
Pros And Cons
Cat6 plenum 1000ft UTP cable is made up of four pairs of solid conductors contained in a plenum rated jacket, with the pairs separated by a spline.
- Cat6 plenum cable is capable of transmitting 10 gigabits per second across short distances.
- Cat6 1000ft cable transmits data with minimal crosstalk or disturbance between the wires.
- It enables you to send and receive data at a faster rate while maintaining consistent quality.
- Cat6 plenum 1000ft cable has less crosstalk and interference, and it can also be shielded within the jacket.
- A Cat6 plenum cable with two or more twists per centimeter is required. It enables two-way communication as well as a faster and more dependable transmission rate.
- The 1000ft Cat6 plenum solid UTP cable is also fully compatible. It implies you won’t have to replace the rest of your system if you change or upgrade your networking or cabling.
- Cat6 plenum is more expensive than cat5e plenum. As a result, the increased expense of a Cat6 mat may not be worth it for houses that do not have a lot of heavy use.
- The other major disadvantage of Cat6 is that it slows down over long distances of more than 164 feet, whereas 95 percent of requirements are less than 150 feet.
- A plenum space is a part of a building that can facilitate air circulation for heating and air conditioning.
- The Plenum-Rated jacket on the outside consists of low-smoke PVC (polyvinyl chloride), which incorporates the relevant fire-resistant properties.
Types Of Cat6 Plenum Cables
Cat6 unshielded 23AWG shielded cable. This cable is a UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pairs), 23AWG, Solid, 1000ft, and comes in an easy-to-pull box. It is built without a spline and you can enjoy Cat6 performance with the inclusion of more insulation around the wires instead of a spline.
Cat6 shielded 23AWG plenum cable. This cable is F/UTP (FTP) which has shielding wrapped around all four twisted pairs to give protection from areas with EMI. It is great for any home that’s experiencing EMI, businesses, labs, and doctors’ offices.
Advantages Of Using Cat6 Plenum Cables in Buildings
- Plenum cables can provide excellent fire protection; they don’t catch fire first, and even if they do, they do not release hazardous smoke.
- The best aspect about these cables is that they are of good quality and won’t cause any fire concerns.
- All of these cables can be utilized for a wide range of applications, including fast ethernet and gigabit ethernet.
- It’s a good choice because of its ability to withstand fire and its increased fire-retardant surface.
Cat6 plenum cables are the best cable for practically any network application. If you’re looking for a great cable for your house or building’s network system, plenum cables are the way to go.
Our bulk cat6 plenum certified cables are carefully shielded and coated with fire retardants, they can be utilized in plenum spaces for air flow in buildings such as houses, offices, and buildings.
We provide cat6 cables at the most affordable costs without losing the cable’s quality. We offer pricing for 1000 feet of cat6 plenum cable that are consistent. The bulk is packaged in robust pull-out packaging for user convenience.